The Benefits of Title Insurance
Title insurance provides coverage against financial loss arising from covered defects in the title to real property.
Benefits for the Homeowner
You may be wondering, “Do I need title insurance?” The answer you’ll hear from many parts of the real estate community is a resounding “yes.” For many homeowners, their property is their largest investment—and that’s worth protecting! An Owner’s Policy provides you with a range of benefits, including:
- Protection for as long as you or your heirs own the property
- Protection from the costs, attorneys’ fees and expenses of defending against any matter insured by the policy
- Protection against certain covered risks not exceeding the amount of insurance, including a defect in title caused by:
- Forgery or fraud
- The lien of real estate taxes or assessments due and payable, but unpaid
- No right of access to and from the land
- Unpaid mortgages and other liens
- Easements or rights of way, limiting use of the property
- Unmarketable title
- And more
When you buy title insurance, you’ll also benefit from peace of mind knowing you’ll be protected from financial loss from covered claims. If you decide to sell your property, title insurance can protect you from financial loss if the sale falls through due a covered defect in your property’s title.
Benefits for the Lender
A Lender’s Policy, which is typically paid for by the homeowner, protects the mortgage lender from financial loss for covered risks and, in most cases, ensures that the mortgage is the only lien against the property. Lenders know the value of protecting their investment and insist on title insurance for that reason. This type of policy protects only the lender’s interest in the property.
The Old Republic Title Benefit
When you choose to work with Old Republic Title, you’ve invested in the safety of what may be your most precious asset—your home.
We have title insurance professionals with expertise spanning decades, who have seen just about every title situation imaginable. Want to learn more about title insurance with Old Republic Title? Contact an Old Republic Title location near you.