Q4 2021 Webinar
Title Claims: The Elephant at the Closing Table
Thursday, December 9, 2021
First Session: 11 a.m. ET / 8 a.m. PT
Second Session: 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
This webinar will provide a detailed review of the trending issues related to Title Claims currently affecting the title industry. Real-life scenarios involving title professionals that resulted in a claim(s) will be presented as a valuable teaching tool as well as, to demonstrate how title insurance mitigates risks during the purchase, selling and lending process of a transaction. Additionally, participants will learn how a title policy works, how a claim is evaluated, the most common title claims and actions to take in preventing a claim.
Topics to be presented include the following:
- How does a title policy protect your customers?
- Parts of a policy: Covered Risks, Exclusions, Exceptions, Title Insurer’s Rights & Obligations
- Fraud: Forgery, Identity Theft and Wire Diversion
- Where most errors occur that lead to a claim(s)
- Case Studies: Wire Diversion, Telephone Cable, Fraudulent Brother and Mortgage Forgiveness
- What steps you can take to avoid a claim(s)
- and more…