Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, one of the nation's largest title insurers, has an excellent opportunity available for an Underwriting Counsel in our Charlotte, NC office.
This position will assist with underwriting questions for commercial and residential real estate transactions in the Charlotte office; assist with commercial production if needed for issuance of commitments, policies and endorsements and marketing to attorneys, including but not limited to presenting at CLEs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Must be personable, positive, and a professional representative of the Company.
- Will perform other duties an assigned by supervisor.
- Juris Doctorate of Law and license to practice law in the state of North Caroline are required.
- Real estate experience is required.
- Previous title experience is preferred.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and perform successfully under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have a professional appearance and good customer service skills.
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) and you are in your introductory period of employment; you are not eligible to apply for this open position until you are no longer in your introductory period. If your employment status currently is "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement, you are not eligible to apply for this open position until your employment status is no longer "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement. If you have questions, contact your human resources representative.
Old Republic Title is an Equal Opportunity Employer