Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, one of the nation's largest title insurance underwriters, has an excellent opportunity available for a full-time Underwriting Counsel position in our Denver, Colorado office. Old Republic Title is an equal opportunity employer.
TO APPLY, please click HERE to head to our new Careers page.
As Underwriting Counsel, you will be primarily responsible for providing title insurance underwriting support for real estate transactions closed by the Company's policy issuing agents in Colorado. This will include reviewing documents, deeds, mortgages, court orders, decrees, regulations, and other legal instruments for legal sufficiency, providing written approval for transactions that exceed single risk liability limits, providing guidance and direction to the Company's issuing agents on general underwriting matters, and, on occasion, coordinating and assisting in closing transactions.
Underwriting Counsel will also assist with claims support, continuing education, and ensuring compliance with state regulations concerning title insurance within the state of Colorado.
- Juris Doctor
- License to practice law in Colorado
- Two to Four years' of legal experience
- At least one year of legal or other experience in one or more of the following areas: title insurance; real estate transactions; real estate; mortgage lending; surveying; landman or oil and gas or other insurance claims.
- At a minimum, the ability to work from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after-hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Must be personable, positive, and a professional representative of the Company. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Planning and organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret complex legal documents
- The ability to apply logic or legal principles to a wide variety of complex problems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the title insurance industry, including knowledge of its products, policies, and endorsements
- Real estate transactional experience
- Overnight business travel by air and/or automobile, is required on occasion
- Valid driver's license and auto insurance is required
- Ability to work with confidential information. Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
For this position we are offering a competitive salary, ranging from $90k to $125k (depending on experience). We also have an excellent benefits package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. TO APPLY, please click HERE to head to our new Careers page.
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.