One of the nation's largest title insurers has an excellent opportunity available for an experienced and dynamic practicing Maine real estate attorney.
- Must be a licensed Maine attorney with 5 or more years of experience in Maine real estate transactions.
- Must have strong computer skills and be conversant with title insurance forms and the preparation of commitments, policies and endorsements.
- Must be proficient in untangling title issues and proposing viable title/title insurance solutions.
- General knowledge of Federal and State regulations related to real estate title insurance and settlement services.
- Must have strong abstract and critical thinking skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and timely follow up in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be generally accessible to lead our agents and their staff personnel in a collaborative spirit of team underwriting.
- Directs, leads and grows the Company’s statewide network of title insurance agents by providing underwriting support, guidelines and education related to the issuance of title insurance.
- Responds to questions regarding title impediments, assessing the risk and providing possible solutions and coverage.
- Monitors state and federal regulatory and legal requirements and advises agents and company operations respecting those matters affecting them.
- Promotes the Company through participation in public relations and state bar programs including legal and underwriting instruction; represents the Company at various trade and industry functions; organizes and participates in seminars, events and other educational opportunities for agents, lenders and realtors.
Years Experience Required:
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) and you are in your introductory period of employment; you are not eligible to apply for this open position until you are no longer in your introductory period. If your employment status currently is "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement, you are not eligible to apply for this open position until your employment status is no longer "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement. If you have questions, contact your human resources representative.
Old Republic Title is an Equal Opportunity Employer