Old Republic Title has an excellent opportunity available for an Associate Counsel/Underwriter in our Wayne, Pennsylvania office. This role will assist with underwriting questions, light claims, policy approvals, and indemnity requests.
- Advise management, and communicate with legal staff, approved attorneys and agents within the area on title matters and on underwriting policies and procedures
- Provides advice to company employees on title clearance, escrow and title issues.
- Responsible for providing Pennsylvania/Delaware-specific advice with regard to claims under policies of title insurance, escrow related claims, and underwriting.
- Authorizes over limit policy approvals and approves assumption of risk within prescribed limits.
- Review and approve, prior to issuance, commitments and policies of direct operations office, production department, and agents where complex issues arise.
- Participate in state land title association and other trade organizations and stays abreast of any title insurance or legal issues affecting state operations.
- Participate in webinars, seminars and other educational presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work approved and requested overtime, by supervisor.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
- 3 - 5 years
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.