Locates property described on customer orders. Obtains required information from tract index or county courthouses to prepare property reports. Maintains customer contact.
- Prepares property reports, name searches and updates up to the current date by transcribing the postings from the tract index books, Property Index and General Index.
- Searches for reference material filed on property such as image documents, tax information, maps, etc.
- Posts orders to spreadsheet, tracks orders for timely delivery to customer. Prepares monthly statement of charges to customers.
- Answers all telephone inquiries by customers.
- Prepare documents for posting, e.g. running legal description to determine arbitrary numbers etc. Post and verify documents in the Property and General Index System. Files resource material that is used as requested by supervisor.
- Must have transportation and a valid state driver’s license to drive to and from county courthouses.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Ability to get along with others in the workplace.
Essential Functions Continued:
- Ability to work from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Must be personable, positive and a professional representative of the Company.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow complicated instructions.
- Must have legible handwriting.
- Must have good verbal communication skills and effective telephone techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work approved and requested overtime, by supervisor.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) and you are in your introductory period of employment; you are not eligible to apply for this open position until you are no longer in your introductory period. If your employment status currently is "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement, you are not eligible to apply for this open position until your employment status is no longer "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement. If you have questions, contact your human resources representative.
Old Republic Title is an Equal Opportunity Employer