Old Republic Title has an excellent opportunity available for a Title Insurance Examiner in our Minneapolis, MN office. This role is responsible for the abstracting and preparation of title records for examination.
- Abstract title documents filed in public records.
- Research property tax information on the computer.
- Research names for bankruptcy, state and federal tax liens and judgment information on the computerized General Index System.
- Handle customer inquiries regarding title problems.
- Ability to read metes and bounds legal descriptions.
- Enter orders on Title Order Entry System.
- Other related duties and responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to work between hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Must be personable, positive and a professional representative of the Company.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A minimum of 3+ years of Abstracting/Title Examination Experience is required.
- Working knowledge of real estate law.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work approved and requested overtime, by supervisor.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- 3+ years experience
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.