Old Republic National Title Insurance Company (ORT) seeks a qualified real estate title examiner with 5+ years experience. Responsibilities include examining land records for both commercial and residential properties, title updates, recordings and preparation of title reports. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. This position will require travel as needed.
- Examine title documents filed in the public records and issue a title commitment and/or Owner & Encumbrance report for junior lien customers.
- Research property tax information on the computer.
- Research names for bankruptcy, state and federal tax liens and judgment information on the computerized General Index System.
- Handle customer inquiries regarding title problems.
- Review documents prior to closing/recording and determine if they are sufficient to cure title defects and are in recordable format.
- Occasionally enter orders on Title Order Entry System, type Commitments.
- Other related duties and responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to work from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Must be personable, positive and a professional representative of the Company.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Working knowledge of real estate law.
- Ability to run simple legal descriptions. Abstracting knowledge helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work approved and requested overtime, by supervisor.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
- 5+ years
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.