- Responsible for the examination of title records, issuance of title insurance commitments and owner and encumbrance reports.
- Examine title documents filed in the public records and issue a title commitment and/or Owner & Encumbrance report for junior lien customers.
- Research property tax information on the computer.
- Research names for bankruptcy, state and federal tax liens and judgment information on the computerized General Index System.
- Handle customer inquiries regarding title problems.
- Review documents prior to closing/recording and determine if they are sufficient to cure title defects and are in recordable format.
- Occasionally enter orders on Title Order Entry System, type Commitments,
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Ability to read metes and bounds
- Regular attendance Monday through Friday, 8:30 am. to 5:00 p.m., is required.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Ability to work overtime as request by supervisor.
- Acceptance of supervision.
- Ability to get along with others in the workplace.
- Ability to obtain necessary log on credentials from Plant Service Providers.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Working knowledge of real estate law.
- Ability to run simple legal descriptions.
- Abstracting knowledge is mandatory.
- Must have ability to review Probates, Divorce and Bankruptcy proceedings in addition to Tax and District Court suits.
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to respond to customer requests.
- Good organizational skills.
Years Experience Required:
1 - 3 years
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) and you are in your introductory period of employment; you are not eligible to apply for this open position until you are no longer in your introductory period. If your employment status currently is "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement, you are not eligible to apply for this open position until your employment status is no longer "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement. If you have questions, contact your human resources representative.
Old Republic Title is an Equal Opportunity Employer