Old Republic Title has an excellent opportunity available for a Software Configuration Manager in our Minneapolis, MN office. The Configuration Managers collaborate with software developers, development leads, business analysts, project managers, and Infrastructure to manage code releases following DevOps practices. They administer the CI/CD pipeline consisting of the build and deployment processes and source code repositories used to manage code for release. They also maintain third-party applications and do manual deployments as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, responsible to:
- Execute configuration management procedures to promote approved code through the environments.
- Optimize the use of and expand the capabilities of the automated configuration management tools to drive process and control improvements by:
- Administering the automated deployment of code through all the environments
- Administering the source code libraries in the repository
- Developing and maintaining configuration management documentation
- Facilitating the integration of build and deploy tools with other software development lifecycle applications (e.g. requirements and test management tools).
- Advocate and train IS staff on the configuration management process, procedures and documentation.
- Maintain and support 3rd party applications
- Administer code quality/security tools and their integration into the CI/CD pipeline
- Respond to application outages or degraded performance incidents
- Participate in professional development and training to enhance configuration management capabilities.
- Document processes and key application information.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- This position is staffed by employees who have sufficient educational background and/or experience to maintain and support assigned technologies with general leadership oversight.
- Typically has 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience performing administrative tasks from the command line and/or creating scripts to automate those tasks (PowerShell preferred).
- Ability to independently manage SCM projects and requests.
- Proficient with Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Proficient with automated deployment methodologies.
- Proficient with branching and merging methodologies.
- Able to configure automated processes.
- Able to manage and manipulate scripts in SQL.
- Experience installing and maintaining 3rd party applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field; or equivalent work experience.
Communication and Interpersonal skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and prioritize effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work an on-call schedule with evening and weekend responsibilities as department activities demand.
- Consistent attendance is required, which may include attendance at after-hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone, video conferences and in person.
- Must be a personable, positive, and professional representative of the company.
- Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- The ability to maintain confidences and confidential information may be required.
- The ability to perform under pressure and to be flexible with disruptions and deadlines is required.
- Repetitive and continual keyboard activity and interaction with display monitors is required.
Sedentary work: The majority of activity in this position involves sedentary work including sitting, standing, walking and the occasional need to lift or move objects.
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.