Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, one of the nation's largest title insurers, has an excellent opportunity available within its Corporate Legal Department for an Associate Recovery Counsel or Recovery Counsel, depending upon experience, in our Roseville, California office. Associate Recovery Counsel or Recovery Counsel will assist with reducing title claim and escrow losses and expenses through salvage and recoupment efforts on a national scale.
- Manage minor and medium liability recoupment files stemming from escrow claims and title claims from policies issued by local agents, national agents, and direct operations from states on a national level.
- Investigate and obtain necessary information to administer recoupment efforts.
- Evaluate and determine viable recoupment possibilities for claims with losses.
- Retain, manage and coordinate efforts with outside counsel in pursuing recoupment matters.
- Assist with satisfaction, release, and payoff requests.
- Assist with coordinating, managing and tracking Company's bookable assets.
- Correspond with agents, management, and liable parties.
- Statutory compliance in debt collection efforts.
- Negotiate settlements mitigating losses for the Company.
- Assist Claims Dept. with pursuing and preserving recovery.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Recovery Manager.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships.
- Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees, and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Must be personable, positive, and a professional representative of the Company.
- At a minimum, the ability to work from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Juris Doctor.
- Licensed to practice law.
- If not licensed by the state bar at employee's office location, they must be permitted to act as corporate counsel in that state.
- Debt collection and title experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of title insurance and real estate closing transactions required.
- Accurate Typing.
- Must be proficient on computers. Word Excel experience and Knowledge required.
- Aptitude for processing and organizing large volume of documentation and written communications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Due to volume of work, incumbent must have dependable attendance.
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to interface effectively and professionally with customers by telephone and in written communication.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be flexible with interruptions throughout the work day.
- Ability to interface effectively and professionally with other employees and corporate legal members.
- Ability to establish rapport and successful relationships with business and legal management at all levels.
- Ability and willingness to develop self-sufficient work station to process claims timely and cost effectively.
- Problem solving ability to effectuate solution for covered claims.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Some travel required for Company events and recovery work.
- Associate Recovery Counsel: 1 - 3 years
- Recovery Counsel: 5+ years
- Juris Doctor
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.