Old Republic Title has an excellent opportunity available for a Receptionist/ Escrow Assistant in our El Reno, Oklahoma office. This role trains to process and be responsible for pre-closing matters on each file; including order entry, makes sure tax certificates and mortgage inspection certificates/or surveys are in file; orders payoffs; makes sure any authorization documents are in file; verifies legal description with commitments and mortgage inspection certificates/or surveys; receipt funds for closing, disburse funds, record documents, prepare title policies, and put files in audit order.
Provide general administrative assistance to the escrow operation, as well as, customer service support to customers, vendors and employees. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: answering the telephone, greeting visitors, computer administrative support, including business correspondences (emails, letters, and memos), and distributing mail, preparing Federal Express packages and mail deliveries, and assisting with special projects when required. Also, maintaining the lobby in a presentable manner with fully stocked drink station, clean conference rooms with properly stocked snacks, pens and supplies for the customer areas. In addition, scanning requirement; primary responsibilities are to sort, organize scan/image all escrow files in a timely manner. Coordinating files to file scan.
- Verify tax certificates are complete and accurate.
- Verifies legal description matches the description in commitment and on mortgage inspection certificate or survey.
- Obtains payoffs and any invoices that will appear on settlement statement.
- Assists closer in preparing settlement statement.
- Requests permission from lender for authorization to fund; receipts in monies; balances file; disburses funds; and sends out payoffs.
- File all documents to be recorded in appropriate counties and/or state.
- Prepares pro-forma policy and final policy and sends to appropriate parties.
- Places file in audit order and prepares file for scanning.
- Answers phone in a timely, courteous manner. Directs calls to appropriate person, giving caller a choice of holding or voicemail if person requested is on phone or unavailable.
- Greets customers in a courteous manner and offers refreshments as needed.
- Immediately notifies closers/assistants when customers arrive for closing.
- Signs for courier deliveries and notifies closers/assistants promptly.
- Distributes calendar for closing schedule, when applicable.
- Keeps reception area/conference rooms clean and free of used cups, glasses, cans, etc.
- Maintains conference room food baskets and pens.
- Replenishes cold drink and bottled water in cooler at the beginning/end of day.
- Ability to work Scheduled office hours.
- Ability to work from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Must be personable, positive and a professional representative of the Company.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work approved and requested overtime, by supervisor.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
- 1 - 3 years
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.