Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, one of the nation's largest title insurers, has an excellent opportunity available for a Payroll Specialist in our downtown Minneapolis, MN office.
This role is part of a team that processes multi-state payroll for roughly 3,500 employees on a bi-weekly basis. The primary objective of this role is to provide support for payroll processing related activities such as entering hires, status changes, terminations, processing voluntary and involuntary deductions, balancing and reconciling payroll reports, processing wage garnishments, maintaining awareness and compliance of applicable federal, state and local laws, and day-to-day data entry. The ideal candidate will be able to use payroll software with accuracy and efficiency. They are attentive to detail, highly organized, good with numbers and can be trusted with sensitive information.
- Maintain accuracy of all employee data in payroll and time-tracking system
- Enter and audit hires, status changes, terminations, tax and direct deposit changes
- Audit timecards prior to payroll processing
- Process wage garnishments
- Prepare, audit and distribute payroll reports
- Troubleshoot and resolve payroll/tax reporting issues
- Effectively perform various audits, document procedures and implement best practices
- Must be able to work as a team player and adapt to change
- Complete special projects and assignments as directed by the Payroll Manager
- Ability to work from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Must be personable, positive and a professional representative of the Company
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events
- Ability to accept supervision
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships
- Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers and vendors
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person
- Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- 2+ years of payroll experience
- ADP Enterprise and ADP eTime experience preferred, but not required
- FPC/CPP designation preferred, but not required
- Associates degree preferred, but not required
- Extreme attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Must be personable, positive, and a professional representative of the Company.
Physical/ Mental Demands:
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be flexible with interruptions throughout the work day.
- Must be able to after hours when required.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have a professional appearance and good customer service skills.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 15 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
- 1-3 years
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.