NCTS Chicago seeks an experienced national commercial underwriter.
- Underwrite title insurance policy coverages for commercial real estate transactions.
- Assist national commercial escrow officer in closing transactions.
- Negotiate policy coverage and endorsement coverage in connection with the issuance of owner’s and loan title insurance policies.
- Serve as a resource for sales people and their clients when they have title insurance and/or real estate questions.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Minimum 5 years experience underwriting and closing single and multi-site commercial transactions for properties located nationwide.
- Solid understanding of endorsement and policy coverages along with experience of negotiating these coverages with principals and their attorneys.
- Have a working knowledge of State by State title insurance guidelines and real estate practices to include endorsement availability, policy availability, transfer tax, mortgage tax and forms of conveyance.
- Possess the ability to work on several transactions at one time in a fast-paced environment.
- Have outstanding customer service skills as well as a willingness and ability to work with a team of people in a professional and collegial manner.
- Law Degree/Paralegal certificate preferred.
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) and you are in your introductory period of employment; you are not eligible to apply for this open position until you are no longer in your introductory period. If your employment status currently is "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement, you are not eligible to apply for this open position until your employment status is no longer "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement. If you have questions, contact your human resources representative.
Old Republic Title is an Equal Opportunity Employer