Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, one of the nation's largest title insurers, has an excellent opportunity available for an Legal Assistant in our Westbury, New York office. The Legal Assistant will support the Recovery Department with tasks assigned by Recovery Counsel and Management, as well as providing administrative assistance, as directed, to Claims Administrators in the Westbury, NY CLD Field Office.
• Process recovery checks;
• Manage minor and medium liability recovery files;
• Investigate and obtain necessary information to administer recovery files;
• Coordinate efforts with attorneys in handling recovery matters;
• Determine recovery possibilities for claims with losses;
• Attend to CLD phone line;
• Open, sort, and distribute recovery claims related mail and faxes;
• Open, or assist in opening, incoming claims as directed;
• Prepare and send out claims acknowledgement letters as directed;
• Perform other duties as assigned by recovery supervisor and manager.
• Ability to work from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Must be a personable, positive, and professional representative of the Company.
• Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
• Ability to accept supervision.
• Ability to foster, develop, and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships.
• Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees, and customers by email, phone, and in person.
• Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• High School Graduate with minimum one year post high school training;
• Accurate typing of 50-60 wpm;
• Must be proficient on computers; Word and Excel experience required.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills;
• Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
• Must have ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects;
• Must be detailed with good organization skills;
• Must have ability to meet deadlines and deal with high volume workload.
• Dependable attendance and punctuality;
• Ability to work with and maintain confidential and sensitive information;
• Ability to interface effectively and professionally with customers by telephone and in written communication;
• Ability to work well under pressure and be flexible with interruptions throughout the work day;
• Ability to interface effectively and professionally with other employees and corporate legal members;
• Ability to offer help and support in other areas as needed;
• Repetitive and continual typing motion is required;
• Must be able to work approved and requested overtime by supervisor.
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer