Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, one of the nation's largest title insurers, has an excellent opportunity available for an Infrastructure Services Engineer in our downtown Minneapolis, MN office.
The Infrastructure Services Engineer will use the skills required of a Systems Administrator in an in-house or hosted environment, as well as a working knowledge of the skills required to provision, manage, monitor, and decommission cloud services. Key services to focus on are Email, Printing, Windows Server Management, and Security.
- Working technical knowledge of in-house network, server, and platform operating systems.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including email, hosted services (anti-spam, anti-virus, etc.) firewalls, Active Directory, virtualization, hardware, etc.
- Strong system administration (Linux/Unix or Windows) at the command-line level.
- Experience with running and maintaining scripting (e.g. PowerShell, Puppet, Chef, etc.].
- Strong knowledge of network administration.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with data management.
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Virtual private cloud operations.
- Public cloud operations, including Azure, AWS, Google, etc.
- Networking in the cloud.
- Storage and archiving in the cloud.
- Security, identity, and access management: IAM in the cloud.
- Deploying workload in the cloud.
- Workload monitoring in the cloud.
- Managing resource consumption in the cloud.
- Configuration management in the cloud.
- Workload automation in the cloud.
Essential Functions Continued:
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5-7 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft MS-Office, Microsoft Operations Framework, VMWare, etc.
- On-call availability for 0-5 days per month.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
Sedentary work: Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required regularly.
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) and you are in your introductory period of employment; you are not eligible to apply for this open position until you are no longer in your introductory period. If your employment status currently is "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement, you are not eligible to apply for this open position until your employment status is no longer "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement. If you have questions, contact your human resources representative.
Old Republic Title is an Equal Opportunity Employer