Old Republic Title has an excellent opportunity available for an General Ledger Accountant in our downtown Minneapolis, MN office.
This role is responsible for maintaining the integrity of our general ledger system, accurately and efficiently preparing and reviewing journal entries, and providing amazing customer service to our field location personnel relating to all things accounting.
- Assist with the review and approval of journal entry input from the field locations. This includes reviewing journal entries and other input documents for clerical accuracy, proper use of general ledger accounts, and logging the financial documents before they are input into the general ledger system.
- Approve financial input documents, investigating and resolve problems, coordinating changes with field personnel, prepare correcting entries, etc.; look for ways to automate and improve the process.
- Maintain the monthly recurring (standard) journal entries. This includes processing the recurring entries, reviewing processed entries, and posting the recurring entries in the general ledger system.
- Upload automated journal entries into the general ledger. This includes reviewing the journal entries, checking the detail transactions to the supporting reports, approving the entries, and processing and posting the entry in the general ledger system.
- Post entries in the EPICOR general ledger system. This includes reviewing and posting financial transactions in the EPICOR General Ledger and marking posted entries in the journal control log.
- Prepare and process various complex journal entries including elimination entries, revenue deduction entries, regional allocations, and other miscellaneous adjusting entries.
- Assist in the reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts. This includes investigating and resolving open items, analyzing allocations and accruals, coordinating adjustments, etc.
- Assist with various allocations and accruals (i.e. corporate insurance)
- Identify and coordinate with Corporate Information Services on ways to increase automation to expedite the monthly closing process.
- Assist in preparing quarterly financial statements, SEC-1 schedules, and various analyses.
- Assist in preparing various year-end audit schedules.
- The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
NOTE: All the duties of this job were not listed in this job description.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Self-motivated and organized individual with an eye for continuous improvement opportunities
- Above average spreadsheet and general computer skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- 1-3 years
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.