Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, one of the nation's largest title insurers, has an excellent opportunity available for a FMLA & Benefits Specialist in our downtown Minneapolis, MN office. Primary duty for this role is assisting the FMLA & Benefits Administrator with the administration of the Company's leave of absence benefits. Assists in the administration of employee benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, life insurance, and disability plans. Administers the Company's title insurance reimbursement and educational assistance programs.
- Assist with the administration of the Company's leave of absence program by writing and sending letters to eligible employees notifying them of their rights under applicable Federal and state leave laws. These laws may include, but are not limited to, Federal Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), California Family Rights Act (CFRA) and Pregnancy Disability Leave (PDL).
- Assist with leave of absence follow-up, which includes the application for benefits such as state disability, if applicable, Paid Leave of Absence Benefits Policy (PLABP) and LTD benefits, as well as obtaining appropriate documentation from health care providers regarding the employee's leave.
- Process reimbursements under the Escrow Fees and Title Insurance Premiums Policy.
- Administer the Company's Educational Assistant Program.
- Assist with auditing monthly BCBS, Delta Dental and VSP COBRA enrollment reports against Benefit Resource records.
- Assist benefits staff with annual open enrollment and ensure the ADP Document Library is up-to-date.
- Conduct audit of Pension Plan retirees every six weeks, to determine if benefit payments should be in active status.
- Assist staff in the Corporate Benefits Department with various benefit projects and special assignments, such as annual open enrollment.
- Respond to verifications of employment requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- At a minimum, the ability to work 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Must be personable, positive and a professional representative of the Company.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Four-year college degree required, preferably in Human Resources.
- Two to three years of previous FMLA/benefit administration experience, preferably multi-state.
- Payroll system and online benefits enrollment experience, preferably ADP.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; especially, Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Positive, cooperative member of the Corporate Human Resources staff.
- Gets along well with co-workers; handles disagreements in a collaborative manner.
- Must be courteous and professional towards internal and external customers.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work approved and requested overtime, by supervisor.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Repetitive and regular typing motion is required.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 5 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
- 2 - 3 years
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.