Processes and responsible for pre-closing matters on each file; makes sure tax certificates and surveys are in file; orders payoffs; makes sure any authorization documents are in file; verifies legal description with commitments and surveys; receipts funds for closing, disburses funds, records documents, prepares title policies, and puts file in audit order.
- Verify tax certificates are complete and accurate.
- Verifies legal description matches the description in commitment and on survey.
- Obtains payoffs and any invoices that will appear on settlement statement.
- Assists closer in preparing settlement statement.
- Requests permission from lender for authorization to fund; receipts in monies; balances file; disburses funds; and sends out payoffs.
- File all documents to be recorded in appropriate counties and/or state.
- Prepares pro-forma policy and final policy and sends to appropriate parties.
- Places file in audit order and prepares file for scanning.
Essential Functions Continued:
- Ability to work from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Must be personable, positive and a professional representative of the Company.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work approved and requested overtime, by supervisor.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
Years Experience Required:
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) and you are in your introductory period of employment; you are not eligible to apply for this open position until you are no longer in your introductory period. If your employment status currently is "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement, you are not eligible to apply for this open position until your employment status is no longer "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement. If you have questions, contact your human resources representative.
Old Republic Title is an Equal Opportunity Employer