Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, one of the nation's largest title insurers, has an excellent opportunity available for a Commercial & Residential Underwriter in our Charlotte, NC office.
This position will assist with underwriting questions for commercial and residential real estate transactions in the Charlotte office; produce title insurance products for commercial and residential real estate transactions; and assist with marketing to attorneys.
We are looking to hire a title insurance underwriter for commercial and residential transactions. An underwriter issues title insurance commitments and policies based on the certification of a licensed, North Carolina attorney. The attorney is not affiliated with the Company. In North Carolina, our clients are practicing North Carolina attorneys who specialize in commercial and residential real estate. They send us requests to obtain a title insurance policy for their transaction. In addition to underwriting, the underwriter will also market to current and potential clients (North Carolina attorneys and their offices), attend industry events and participate in periodic webinars. We do require the applicant to obtain a license from the North Carolina Department of Insurance. Training, time off to take the exam and all expenses are paid by our Company.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Must be personable, positive, and a professional representative of the Company.
- Will perform other duties an assigned by supervisor.
- Undergraduate Degree.
- License with the North Carolina Department of Insurance: Training, time off to take the exam and all expenses are paid by our Company.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and perform successfully under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have a professional appearance and good customer service skills.
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.