Old Republic Title has an excellent opportunity available for a Title Operations Supervisor in our Pittsburgh, PA office. This role is responsible for managing daily closing operations for which facilitates the maximization of resources to achieve customer satisfaction, productivity and financial goals.
- Manage the overall closing operation of the Settlement Services department, which includes the following functions; loan scheduling / transactional notary management, ALTA / CD fee preparation, pre-closing document preparation and delivery of loan closing packages to the notary / attorney.
- Supervise line staff comprised of escrow closers, escrow assistants, and signing coordinators.
- Monitor work queues and pipelines of all critical functions to ensure work is properly assigned, that internal and external SLA(s) are being maintained in accordance with client scorecard requirements.
- Monitor production reports to determine performance of staff and make appropriate recommendations to supervisors regarding training requirements.
- Assist in developing workflow processes and determine procedures to create efficiencies within the department.
- Handle problem closing files and loss mitigation issues that get elevated from the line level employees.
- In coordination as necessary with underwriting personnel and counsel, assess and formulate risk decisions on title insurance and closing related matters on files involving loan closings.
- Supervise the hiring, training and termination of the staff.
- Assist department leadership with controlling expenses within the department.
- Maintain relationships with vendors by monitoring quality and timeliness of service and provide objective feedback to vendor management leadership.
- Assist account managers with on-boarding new customers and maintaining existing customers.
- Assist with internal and external settlement audits and develop processes to decrease the percentage of error rate.
- Enforce company policies and procedures as a member or management for all employees.
- Assist in the management of work schedules including TOP days and overtime.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with other, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Must be personable, positive, and a professional representative of the Company.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required
- 3-5 years
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.