Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, one of the nation's largest title insurers, has an excellent opportunity available for an Claims Assistant Administrator in our downtown Minneapolis, MN office.
- Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of local Corporate Legal office. Coordinate efforts to support Corporate Legal offices in other states by answering phone calls and distributing incoming claims via mail and e-mail.
- Assist Claims Counsel with information gathering, preparing correspondence and processing checks. Research and administer title claims.
- Prepare coverage letters for claims.
- Order title searchers.
- Use Accurint to verify identity of individuals or determine date of death.
- Mail out title documents to be recorded in public records of county.
- Use typewriter to add language to title documents.
- Request checks for attorneys fees or settlement of claim.
- Request agent files.
- Opening, sorting and distributing claims related mail and faxes.
- Open, or assist in opening, incoming claims.
- Preparing and sending claims acknowledgement letters.
- Preparing other limited correspondence.
- Maintaining claim files in chronological order in one location.
- Filing incoming claim documentation in correct claim file.
- Copying and scanning claim files and claim documentation.
- Processing, or assisting in processing, claims payments.
- Developing knowledge of the claim system.
- Answering and responding to claims inquiry telephone calls.
- Collection and distribution of Federal Express packages.
- Adding scanned claims & indemnity correspondence to Content Services.
- Send out confirmation letters to clients.
- Saving documents to Content Services that are not scanned.
- Type response letters for Claims Counsels.
- Type indemnity letters for Claims Counsels.
- Request check for CLE's and record them.
- Pay travel expense.
- Process recovery checks.
- Type up conveyancing blanks/warranty deeds.
- Upgrade reserve adjustments.
- Ability to work from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Must be personable, positive and a professional representative of the Company.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school graduate with a minimum of one year post high school training.
- Accurate typing of 50-60 words per minute.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
Physical/ Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work approved and requested overtime, by supervisor.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Willingness to offer help and support in other areas, as needed.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
- 1-3 years
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.