The Branch Manager’s primary focus is to close a high volume of error free escrow transactions and operate a well organized, efficient and profitable escrow office. The branch manager is responsible for all closings in the office, managing the escrow and support personnel, working in the title plant, accounting department, and the operations manager. The manager also markets his/her office and extensively communicates with realtors, lenders, and other external customers, focusing on customer service.
- Develops a customer base and following through sales and marketing activities. Develops strategies to retain customers so that they become repeat customers to the offices.
- Closes error free escrow files, particularly the more complex or difficult transactions. Review earnest money contract, survey lender’s closing instructions and prepares settlement statements for closings.
- Responsible for the successful, error free, profitable closing of the other escrow files, and maintain uniformity of procedures, correct application of rate rules and procedures.
- Provides training and guidance for newly hired employees in branch office, and makes sure that escrow officers maintain their requisite training hours to maintain escrow licenses.
- Maintains employees’ attendance records and approves time off.
- Evaluates performance of escrow officers and assistants and support staff within the branch using a formal performance appraisal program. May make salary increase recommendations to operations manager for final approval based on recommended guidelines.
- The manager is the contact person in the office who duties include responding to customer inquiries and complaints within 24 hours or sooner. The manager must also respond to and work to resolve any conflicts among the staff making sure that the company’s policies and guidelines are followed, and is responsible for making sure customer service goals are met.
- Delegates housekeeping duties, e.g., ordering supplies needed for the office.
- Approves expense reports submitted by the escrow officers and support staff in branch. Reviews expense reports submitted by marketing representative.
- Delegates work assignments to all employees.
- Prepares quarterly revenue projections for the operations manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Five+ years experience as a closer/escrow officer.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal and customer service communications skills required.
- Must be able to work under pressure of deadlines and get along with others, e.g., peers, supervisors, external customers and vendors and internal customers.
- Must have knowledge of the services, rate rules and procedures necessary to perform closings.
- Must have ability to understand profit and loss statements.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Marketing the office may require attendance at social functions after business hours.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) and you are in your introductory period of employment; you are not eligible to apply for this open position until you are no longer in your introductory period. If your employment status currently is "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement, you are not eligible to apply for this open position until your employment status is no longer "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement. If you have questions, contact your human resources representative.
Old Republic Title is an Equal Opportunity Employer