Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, one of the nation's largest title insurers, has an excellent opportunity available within its Corporate Legal Department for an Associate Claims Counsel in our Wayne, Pennsylvania office. Associate Claims Counsel will evaluate, process and manage a range of assigned claims for the real estate title industry.
- Analyze title claim submissions for potential coverage.
- Correspond with insureds as to coverage and status.
- Correspond with agents, management, and opposing parties.
- Comply with statutes applicable to resolving title defects.
- Determine the most appropriate course of action.
- Engage and direct outside counsel based on capabilities, geography, complexity and area of specialization.
- Review and track insured related expenditures.
- Negotiate settlements to resolve claims.
- Assess agent liability and pursue/preserve recovery opportunities.
- Participate in meetings to communicate issues and resolve problems.
- Maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments in the law, insurance regulations and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Regional Claims Manager.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships.
- Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees, and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Must be personable, positive, and a professional representative of the Company.
- At a minimum, the ability to work from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Juris Doctor.
- Licensed to practice law.
- If not licensed by the state bar at employee's office location, they must be permitted to act as corporate counsel in that state.
- Claims administration and title experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of title insurance and real estate closing transactions required.
- Accurate Typing.
- Must be proficient on computers. Microsoft Office experience and Knowledge required.
- Aptitude for processing and organizing large volume of documentation and written communications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Due to volume of work, incumbent must have dependable attendance.
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to interface effectively and professionally with customers by telephone and in written communication.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be flexible with interruptions throughout the work day.
- Ability to interface effectively and professionally with other employees and corporate legal members.
- Ability to establish rapport and successful relationships with business and legal management at all levels.
- Ability and willingness to develop self-sufficient work station to process claims timely and cost effectively.
- Problem solving ability to effectuate solution for covered claims.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Some travel required for Company events and claims administration work.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.