Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, one of the nation’s largest title insurers and a subsidiary of Old Republic International Corporation (a Fortune 500 company), has an excellent opportunity available for an Assistant Vice President & Financial Reporting Manager in our downtown Minneapolis, MN office.
As the Assistant Vice President and Financial Reporting Manager, you will be responsible for external and internal financial reporting (GAAP and Statutory) and the establishment and maintenance of related internal accounting controls. You will also prepare and provide industry and competitor analysis to internal and external parties, be the main company contact for external auditors, state insurance departments, insurance regulatory examinations, and rating agency information requests, and supervise employees employed within the financial reporting function.
Responsible for overall supervision, review and publication/distribution of all Old Republic Title Insurance Group (ORTIG) GAAP and STAT external financial reporting, including serving as primary ORTIG liaison to Old Republic International (ORI) parent company accounting department. Significant duties (listing not all-inclusive) include:
- GAAP quarterly and annual financial reporting to ORI in conjunction with public company SEC reporting.
- Statutory quarterly and annual financial reporting, including Form 9’s and related underwriter audited financial statements.
- Annual state data calls from insurance regulators. Includes review of such filings as well as preparation of the Uniform Financial Reporting (UFR’s) summary, which is used in preparation of state data calls.
- Other recurring and ad hoc reporting to ORI and external regulators/analysts, including but not limited to board reports, rating agency analyses, and various regulatory filings.
- Responsible for establishment and maintenance of internal accounting controls, including coordinating the annual update of COSO background narratives and Risk Assessment/Control Activities exhibits.
- Responsible for managing external auditor liaison function, including:
- Coordinate process of providing information to and submission of requested items in connection with external auditor 10-K and 10-Q reviews, statutory financial statement audits, separate GAAP and escrow audits and SOX (Section 404) testing for ORTIG.
- Coordinate response to ORTIG internal audit department inquiries and requests, including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 testing and internal audit tie-out of items to be provided to external auditors.
- Serve as primary company contact for insurance department financial examinations, including coordinating process of providing information to outside examiners.
- Supervise preparation and review of industry and competitor analyses, as well as requests from rating agencies.
- Responsible for performing research to determine correct accounting treatment based on GAAP and statutory accounting principles.
- A four-year degree in Accounting with a minimum of eight years of broad and progressive accounting experience required.
- Experience in dealing with external auditors, or as an external auditor, is highly preferred.
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Public accounting or title insurance industry experience a strong plus, as well as CPA designation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple simultaneous projects and meet pre-established deadlines.
- Decisiveness, strong organizational skills, attention to detail and a strong mathematical aptitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (in particular, Microsoft Excel).
- Ability to prepare and maintain organized and legible workpapers and supporting documentation, keep a current knowledge of applicable accounting regulations, and comply with strict deadlines.
Ready to apply?
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.
Old Republic Title is an Equal Opportunity Employer