Old Republic Title, headquartered in Tampa and one of the nation’s largest title insurers, has an excellent opportunity available for an entry-level regulatory attorney in our Corporate Legal Department. This position will report to the Chief Regulatory Counsel, and will work closely with attorneys, management and other personnel. You will participate in the regulatory compliance aspects of many different corporate entitles in the Old Republic Title Group, which includes insurance companies and other, more general corporations.
- Assist in the filing of forms and rates for several insurers nationwide.
- Assist in the handling of market conduct exams of the insurers
- Keep various corporate entities compliant by filing necessary documentation on a nationwide basis.
- Keep accurate, organized records of corporate compliance initiatives
- Provide Senior attorneys with status, issues and risks on assigned projects
- Assist Chief Cybersecurity and Privacy Counsel
- Law Degree from an ABA-accredited law school
- Member of at least one State Bar
- Strong attention to details
- Analytical ability
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects, with the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize
- Adaptable and patient, with the ability to work well in a fluid environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be tactful, flexible and to accept instruction and guidance
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel several times per year
Years Experience Required:
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) and you are in your introductory period of employment; you are not eligible to apply for this open position until you are no longer in your introductory period. If your employment status currently is "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement, you are not eligible to apply for this open position until your employment status is no longer "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement. If you have questions, contact your human resources representative.
Old Republic Title is an Equal Opportunity Employer