Old Republic Title has an excellent opportunity available for an Assistant Closer in our Oklahoma City, OK office. The Assistant Closer will train to reviewing and analyzing Earnest Money Contract, title commitment and closing instructions in order to determine the most effective and efficient means to professionally perform residential real estate closings. Train how to conduct residential real estate closings with borrowers and sellers and their representative, disburses funds, records documents, returns closing packages to lenders and is responsible for the proper accounting of all the funds.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of work product of their assigned Escrow Assistant/Escrow Officer, if any.
- Manages workflow of their assigned Escrow Assistant/Escrow Officer, as required, in order to confirm all necessary documents are in the file prior to closing.
- Independently develops unique and effective strategies to retain current customers, so that they become repeat customers.
- Manages closing transaction from start to conclusion with assistance from the Residential Branch Manager/Escrow Officer.
- Reviews and signs title commitments, decides how to cure any title problems and how to comply with any specific instructions.
- Pre-work settlement statement. Confirms at that time, taxes and maintenance are correct; computes taxes for new constructions; enters payoff information into computer.
- Communicates with builder, real estate agent, lender, mortgage company, etc. regarding specific closing instructions and other title company requirements.
- Determines how to prepare settlement statement in accordance with the terms of the Earnest Money Contract, lender’s closing instructions and applicable federal and state rules and regulations.
- Prepares settlement statement accordingly. Reviews instructions as to requirements for funding.
- Responsible for conducting a professional closing which includes following lender’s closing instructions; make sure all funds have been receipted and are good funds; confirms disbursement sheet matches settlement statement; the file is balanced; all names and legal descriptions are shown correctly on each document; and file is fully maintained.
- Responsible for making sure that all documents are timely recorded. Ascertain that assigned Escrow Assistant/Escrow Officer, if any has accurately prepared package and shipped to the lender; order title policies.
- Discuss with Residential Branch Manager/Closer when making and must be able to make time-sensitive choices in matters that have a significant financial impact on the Company during the closing process
- Must be able to professionally and diplomatically handle and resolve any complaints or disputes surrounding the entire closing transaction.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining guidelines and/or implementing new procedures to ensure quality, operational efficiently and performance levels.
- Assist in the development and maintain direct production capabilities and vendor networks capable of providing accurate, reliable and timely valuation product
- Learn title insurance terminology, procedures and regulations.
- Maintain a close communication with Abstract, Examination and the Underwriting Department making sure all files are ready to close on a timely basis.
- Marketing at functions to promote the Company and communicating with Sales/Marketing Representatives to establish customer needs as necessary.
- At a minimum, the ability to work from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Must be personable, positive, and a professional representative of the Company.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Requires aptitude for figures and accounting functions must have strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Overnight business travel by air and/or automobile, is required 1% of the time.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance is required.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
- 1-3 years
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume in a pdf format, along with salary requirements to:
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.