Old Republic Title (ORT) has an excellent opportunity available for an Accounting & Regulatory Analyst in our downtown Minneapolis, MN office.
This role is responsible for preparation of annual state data calls and other related regulatory and statistical reporting, as well as data compilation and reporting related to regulatory and statistical data. Assist with monthly, quarterly, and year-end GAAP and statutory basis financial reporting. Other accounting duties as assigned including monthly investment and claim entries. TO APPLY, please click HERE to head to our new Careers page.
- Prepare the annual state regulatory data call filings, including coordination with IS department on data and reports needed. Also responsible for preparing various ad hoc data requests from various state regulatory agencies.
- Prepare monthly investment journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly claims journal entries and associated account reconciliations. Prepare summary claim information for state and federal filings for quarterly and annual filings.
- Assist in the preparation of ORT GAAP monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close, and related internal and external audit assistance.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual statutory financial statements (Form 9's) for three ORT insurance companies and related annual audited statutory financial statements.
- Other GAAP and statutory accounting and reporting as assigned.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
- Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor.
- Must be personable, positive and a professional representative of the Company.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships.
- Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees, customers, and others by email, phone, and in person.
- Ability to work well with others and excellent customer relation skills required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to accept supervision.
NOTE: All the duties of this job were not listed in this job description.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 1-2 years of general accounting related experience
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple simultaneous projects and adhere to hard deadlines
- Continuous attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to self-review work product
- Self-motivated with an eye for continuous improvement opportunities
- Above average spreadsheet and general computer and MS Office Suite skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work extended hours as duties demand, especially in conjunction with deadlines related to quarterly and year-and reporting as well as annual state data calls filings.
- 1-2 years
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. TO APPLY, please click HERE to head to our new Careers page.
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.