Old Republic Title has an excellent opportunity available for an Abstractor in our Oklahoma City, Oklahoma office. This role will determine items to include or exclude in the abstract or any other type of search and any other form of title evidence that is required of the abstractor.
TO APPLY, please click HERE to head to our new Careers page.
- Able to read and understand all type of legal descriptions.
- Determine and arrange documents to be shown in abstract or other forms of title evidence in proper sequence to create "Chain of Title" on property as requested on the order.
- Determine name(s) to be searched and list relevant judgments, bankruptcies, etc.
- Search various indices as required to complete search i.e.: tract books, microfiche, and the computer.
- Handle customer inquires relating to search work.
- Obtain tax information from the county assessor and treasurer offices.
- Obtain information from the county courthouse, i.e.: court cases and status on court.
- Compile the title evidence, types caption, certificate, and sends out the abstract.
- Prepare invoices, if required.
- Must be able to understand and comprehend the Title Examinations Standards Handbook by the Oklahoma Bar Association.
- Follow Corporate Human Resource Policies and company procedures.
- Ability to work from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Must be personable, positive, and a professional representative of the company.
- Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour company events.
- Ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to interact and communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner by email, phone and in person.
- Ability to work well with others and excellent customer relation skills required.
- Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Prefer abstracting experience, with on the job training.
- Abstractor's License from the Office of Auditor & Inspector of State of Oklahoma.
- OLTA Basic Abstractors School.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work supervisor approved and requested overtime.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.
- 1 - 3 years
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. TO APPLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO HEAD TO OUR NEW CAREERS PAGE.
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) please contact your human resources representative regarding the application process.