Approved Attorney Process
Old Republic Title is committed to the growth and strength of our agents. One
way to demonstrate this commitment is to join attorneys and agents together to
create approved attorney relationships. By partnering an attorney with an
agent, both entities are able to reap the financial benefits. The attorney is
now able to share the title insurance fees; including the closing, title
examination, document preparation fees and others. The agent brings in
additional business as well as an attorney relationship to utilize in situations
of estates, quiet title actions, etc.
What are the responsibilities of the Approved Attorney?
- Submit a "Preliminary Certificate of Title" on behalf of your client to an Old
Republic Title agent
- Clear the title commitment of requirements with appropriate evidence, conduct
the closing and disburse funds
- Record all applicable settlement related documents
- Submit an Approved Attorney "Final Report of Title"
- Included with the Final Report are:
- Premium remittance check
- Copy of title commitment with Evidence of Release/Satisfaction of all
Objections to Title
- Copy of recorded documents or copies of documents with proof of recording
- Original executed ORTNIC required documents; including Owner's Affidavit
and/or Purchaser's Affidavit
- HUD Settlement Statement
- Review and mail owner's and lender's polices to applicable parties
What are the agent's responsibilities?
- Prepare and deliver a title commitment based on a review of the Preliminary
- Prepare and deliver the applicable final owner's and/or lender's title
insurance policies based on information provided with the "Final Report of
What are the benefits?
- Strengthen your relationship with your client and ensure them of a smoother
real estate transaction knowing you have more control of the process.
- Becoming an Approved Attorney with an agent for Old
Republic Title will allow you additional revenue on real estate closings.
How do you start?
- Complete the
application and return it to Old Republic Title
- Return the application to our office or contact us with any questions.
- We will introduce you to an agent in your area
- Start making money!