Generally, when the United States or one of its agencies is the insured, a special U.S. Policy form is issued instead of the usual Owner's Policy. Typically, this request comes from the U.S. Postal Service or the U.S. Forest Service. The policy that should be used is the "American Land Title Association U.S. Policy Form 1963," TIM Form 106 rev. 4-64.

Some U.S. agencies require a form of policy different from the Form 106 mentioned above. For example, on some past projects involving the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the U.S. Corps. of Engineers, we were required to use special policy forms approved by them for their land acquisitions or easement acquisitions.

If you are unsure of which form to use or if you are in need of the forms, please contact the local office.