If you are asked to issue a title insurance policy which exceeds the amount you are authorized to write without prior approval (typically $1,000,000.00), you
must notify the local office and obtain prior written approval. This is articularly important on larger policies where the Company must purchase reinsurance.
When you contact the local office, we will need answers to the following questions:
1. What types of policies are to be issued?
2. What are the policy amounts?
3. What kind of project is involved? Have we or another company insured this property previously?
4. What are the names of the parties and what is the name of the project?
5. Is this new or existing construction?
6. Are we being asked to insure over survey matters or mechanics' liens?
7. Do you know of any title difficulties or unusual facts or risks concerning the project?
8. Are any special coverages or endorsements being requested?
9. Does this involve mineral interests, Indian Reservation land, filled tidelands, or land bordered by water?
10. Is there access to a public street or highway?
11. Who will handle the closing?
You have a form which can be used to provide us with this information and which is then signed and returned to you as your written authorization. If you need a supply of these forms, please contact the local office.