Reviews and analyzes Earnest Money Contract, title commitment and closing instructions in order to determine the most effective and efficient means to professionally perform real estate closings. Conducts real estate closings with borrowers and sellers and their representative, disburses funds, records documents, returns closing packages to lenders and is responsible for the proper accounting of all the funds.
- Responsible for the management including accuracy and completeness of work product of their assigned Escrow Assistant, if any.
- Manages workflow of their assigned Escrow Assistant, as required, in order to confirm all necessary documents are in the file prior to closing.
- Independently develops unique and effective strategies to retain current customers, so that they become repeat customers.
- Manages closing transaction from start to conclusion.
- Reviews and signs title commitments, decides how to cure any title problems and how to comply with any specific instructions.
- Preworks settlement statement. Confirms at that time, taxes and maintenance are correct; computes taxes for new constructions; enters payoff information into computer.
- Communicates with builder, real estate agent, mortgage company, etc. regarding specific closing instructions and other title company requirements.
- Determines how to prepares settlement statement in accordance with the terms of the Earnest Money Contract, lender’s closing instructions and applicable federal and state rules and regulations. Prepares settlement statement accordingly. Reviews instructions as to requirements for funding.
- Responsible for conducting a professional closing which includes following lender’s closing instructions; make sure all funds have been receipted and are good funds; confirms disbursement sheet matches settlement statement; the file is balanced; all names and legal descriptions are shown correctly on each document; and file is fully maintained.
- Responsible for making sure that all documents are timely recorded. Ascertain that assigned Escrow Assistant, if any has accurately prepared package and shipped to the lender; order title policies.
- Assist in developing and achieving revenue goals and budgets.
- Must be able to independently make time-sensitive choices in matters that have a significant financial impact on the Company during the closing process.
- Must be able to professionally and diplomatically handle and resolve any complaints or disputes surrounding the entire closing transaction.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining guidelines and/or implementing new procedures to ensure quality, operational efficiently and performance levels.
- Assist in the development and maintain direct production capabilities and vendor networks capable of providing accurate, reliable and timely valuation product.
- Educate customers on specific title insurance terminology, procedures and regulations.
- Maintain a close communication with Abstract, Examination and Word Processing making sure all files are ready to close on a timely basis.
- Marketing at functions to promote the Company and communicating with Sales/Marketing Representatives to establish customer needs as necessary.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required that could included after hour Company events that involving customers entertainment and educational events.
The above statements reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent in the job.
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance; paid time off; and retirement plans. To apply, email resume along with salary requirements to: Debbie Youens
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: If you currently are employed by Old Republic Title (or one of its wholly owned affiliated companies) and you are in your introductory period of employment; you are not eligible to apply for this open position until you are no longer in your introductory period. If your employment status currently is "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement, you are not eligible to apply for this open position until your employment status is no longer "conditional" subject to written performance deficiencies or conditions for improvement. If you have questions, contact your human resources representative.